Sunday, April 6, 2008

Truly, A Blessing

Megan, Mike and I were blessed to be able to attend the Saturday morning session of General Conference, The Solemn Assembly. What a blessing it was! It is indescribable to fully express in words the spirit that was felt and what an opportunity it was to be there in person. To be in a conference hall with 21,000 people and see only 3 members standing (The First Presidency) to begin the process of sustaining our dear prophet was remarkable. As members of the different auxillaries stood at various times, I could not help but marvel at the organization and order of our church. Then as we stood as a complete membership of the church, pledging our support and sustaining vote, my testimony was again renewed of the blessing of having a prophet of God on the earth today. We are truly blessed.
It was a wonderful opportunity to share the experience with Megan, and though she was disappointed that the Primary Children didn't get to stand alone, she felt the spirit strongly and I hope it is a day she will remember for the rest of her life. Perhaps it will be; because after she wrote in her journal last night she came into my room and said, "My journal is designed for one page per day, but I just wrote three pages."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails