Monday, August 23, 2010

A Memory For Monday (With Time)

The mantra that repeats itself through my mind almost daily, ''The days are long but the years are short," is beginning to ring louder and louder in my ears.
Will time ever slow down, just a little?
As I delivered each child to their classroom this morning, I cried. 
As I drove home I cried some more, and when I walked in the door, and reported to Mike, I cried some more. 

Where does the time go?

Somehow, in what seems like days, we went from this:


to this.
(a 3rd grader) (a 6th grader) and a (1st grader)

Thank heavens I still have this:
to fill my days.

I think I will spend this year of school loving, holding and treasuring my two little ones even more.  This is my first and last year of 'nothing' for a while.  Since 2004, I've always had a preschool or Kindergarten schedule to work around, this is my first year of 8:20-3:45pm of no scheduling...  After this school year, the next four years will be preschool for Joshua, kindergarten for Joshua, preschool for Drew, kindergarten for Drew. 
So this year, yay for Joshua, Drew and me time!

And, instead of wanting to step back in time or dreaming of time holding still, I will make the most of today.  Because it will be gone, before I know it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails