Sunday, October 31, 2010

Skip the Happy Part--Halloween

I strongly dislike Halloween, (in fact I almost h.a.t.e it).  This year my Halloween attitude was almost the worst of the worse.  I'll save you all from my rant, but suffice it to say, I disagree with Fall parties at school with more food than is necessary, church parties with too many activities when the trunk or treat would suffice, no one out in the neighborhood because everyone went to the 'Neighborhood' Trunk or Treat etc. etc. etc.
Ok, I've said too much already.

Even my kids supported my suggestion to go out of town next year.  Which really came as no surprise to me, because really, do any of them look like they are enjoying Halloween?

Due to a rodeo conflict, we changed from our normal Halloween tradition and this year had dinner at Nana and Grandpa's and some good visiting with family. This was the highlight of the otherwise so so holiday.

On a lighter note,
Each year the kids group the candy types together.  While doing it this year and trying to sort it for the dentist office (Megan wants to sell some of hers to the local dentist that buys it for $2 a pound), the kids were separated to different rooms of the house at least twice.

 (Note the candy square they are enclosed in.)
I do not like Halloween.
Roll on Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails