Thursday, November 4, 2010

One of Those Days

Sometimes I wonder what exactly I got myself into being a mother...

A couple of days ago I found my camera lying on the tile floor in the hallway, the lens halfway open.  Even Fix-It-Man-Grandpa could do nothing with it.    The now unusable camera is a classic example of what happens when the one year old and three year old play together.

This morning everyone slept in late, arguments, tears, and inpatience reigned.  Only a fifth of my children got their teeth brushed and if we're lucky maybe one bed got made.  Oh well, on the bright side, one less step I have to do for the bed that has to get clean sheets which probably explains the wet Buzz Lightyear pajamas and underwear lying on the floor...

I have been called into the principal's office to deal with an unfortunate situation that one of my children has been in.  We have had a lot of tears at our house the past couple of weeks.  Suffice it to say, that I think it is one of the greatest tragedies that women and girls are told that by nature we are kind, compassionate, loving and sensitive yet unfortunately we are not exempt from the principle of opposition.  Women and girls are sadly capable of the exact opposite as well... 

We have spoken parts to memorize for a Primary program, instruments to be practiced, toy bins to organize, spelling words to be mastered, math concepts to remember, chores to accomplish, and so on and so forth.

Someone please remind of the 'warm and fuzzy' parts of motherhood...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails