Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Weedy Wreath

The other day, Luke summoned me to the front door. As I passed by the front room, I saw my front-door wreath (that I have been lamenting aloud lately that it needs replacing ) laying on the floor.  I started to raise my voice and ask why in the world my wreath was laying on the floor, but for some reason, stopped myself.

I was quite glad I had stopped myself from yelling, when the front door flung open, and Luke with the proud smile that only Luke can give, was presenting me with a brand new wreath for my front door.

It reminded me so clearly of this poem, and this day almost seven years ago...

Roses can say, "I love you"
Orchids can enthrall,
But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,
Oh boy, that says it all!"
-anon

(Luke, July 04)

The wreath he presented to me certainly isn't a 'rose' or 'orchid' type wreath, but 'Oh boy that says it all.'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails