Friday, November 11, 2011

Then and Now and Now and Then

I've been working on an assignment tonight, and it made me get all sappy and sentimental about the passage of time. And then while looking for a particular photo, I stumbled across this one that I had NO IDEA I still had copies of, let alone on my computer!! I couldn't help but oooh and aaah over these two little babies. I once had only TWO kids?! It seems like a lifetime ago.
But then at the same time, what seems like in a blink of an eye, we have gone to this:
And then while pursing another part of my assignment, I thought about my in-laws. I'm sure to them it probably seems like a blink of an eye that in 30 years, my in-laws went from this:
(engagement picture sometime late 1969/ early1970)

To this:
(December 2010)

30 years! I know it seems like a long time looking forward, but when I consider Mike and I are half way there. It makes me sad and melancholy.

Okay, but honestly sometimes-- it doesn't. Sometimes it makes me a little anxious and overly-excited --thinking about a life with no carpools, fevered kids, poopy diapers, or science fair projects, sounds SPLENDID.

But--then I look at this picture--and realize this was just 9 short years ago.
Project forward another 9 years... two of my kids will be full blown adults. Okay, wait I can't think about it after all.
It makes me cry.

"The days are long, but the years are short."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails