Thursday, December 8, 2011

Adult Reading Only

***Warning--Do not have a young child reading this over your shoulder please***

So I've stirred up a little bit of a controversy over at KSL's website this morning with this article...

I was asked to write an article about "The transition from Santa to reality..." You get the idea...
Here's my response to the comments that clearly have a few people riled up.

#1 I wrote the article clearly under those guidelines. I was not asked to write an article on "The true meaning of Christmas" or about Jesus. I understand those parts of Christmas, and I actually was assigned an article along those lines that will be at a later date.

#2 Parents are concerned their believing children will read the article. Excuse me? What child of believing age really needs to be on KSL's website unsupervised. There are a lot of news stories completely inappropriate for a young child to be seeing.

#3 I have never understood the whole if Santa isn't... than how can Jesus be... argument. Just don't get it. I have been a believer in Santa, the Easter Bunny and even the Tooth Fairy and have never once doubted the reality of Jesus Christ.

Now, far be it from me to burst any young child's bubble, but I felt as though I accepted an assignment to write for and in an adult forum, and I would feel terrible if a young child read my article.

Obviously, I won't be showing that published article to my children. And fortunately, Megan is the only one of my children that occasionally reads my blog.

You can click HERE to read the article.
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

valerie said...

I just read the article and I think it was excellent! That is exactly how we approach it with our kids. Great job Tiffany!

atec said...

AWESOME article Tiffany. Way to go. I love what you said in the article and here.

Bea said...

how do I read your article on KSL?

adrienne said...

First of all, I thought the article was great. I've kind of struggled with how we are going to handle this at our house. Secondly, it is always amusing to me the things that get people all riled up. I thought this was a completely harmless article and I think it's funny how many people were upset about it, or what they perceived you were trying to say.

Chris aka Nana said...

Loved your article and totally agree with this blog post! Really what a bunch of silly people!

Stecky said...

I need to read the article also. If I need help finding it I will contact you. That said, I know you. It had to be fabulous. Don't get me started on the Santa thing. At a choir assembly yesterday, they asked who was afraid of Santa. My hand was the first up.

JACK's house said...

I loved the article. I remember vividly when I was able to be "Santa's helper" to my younger brothers. I thought it was magical. Well done!

Lesley said...

The article was fabulous!! I found it interesting that people's children go on KSL.com to find out about the weather. I suppose they just want to see if Santa will fare well through the storms ;)

Bret and Ashlee said...

I just read the article, I thought you did a fabulous job! I agree with the rest, I don't know why people get so upset and assume you are portraying something you're not? Anyway, I thought it was a great article!

Related Posts with Thumbnails