Monday, January 30, 2012

Big News

It's official!
Feel free to send me cards of congratulations.
Send me flowers.
Buy me chocolates.
Call or text me to congratulate me.
Make me a tray of Rice Krispie treats
Announce it from the rooftops
Sing it from the hills.
It's official.

After 13 years and 3 months, without so much as a week break in between kids--I am FINISHED with DIAPERS!!!!!
Drew is potty trained.
I can't even begin to tell you the relief I feel from the "potty training anxieties" I have had for longer than I can remember. (Remember this post HERE from 2009?) I know, I know. People potty train their kids every day. And some change diapers for longer than I did. But I also know nearly all of my friends/family have had breaks in between kids. I haven't, so this is a VERY big deal to me.

I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to do to celebrate. But I'm going to do something BIG. I deserve it. Potty training five kids and thirteen straight years of changing diapers deserves something.
Doesn't it?

Congratulations to ME!

And to Drew too.
Oh and I can't forget Ellie--she's the one that got him to go potty the most.
And in case you are wondering, no he still doesn't wear clothes. So instead of seeing photos of my diaper-clad toddler on here, you will now be seeing photos of my UNDERWEAR-clad toddler.
It is what it is.
We love him anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails