Sunday, October 12, 2014

16


I can remember the morning of October 12th, 1998 like it was yesterday. I was laying on the couch reading a Time magazine (was I ever really interested in that sort of thing?!?), and Mike sat in the office a few feet away working. I was wearing black leggings and a black and white striped t-shirt (the good old-fashioned baggy maternity type shirt) and as I got up to go to the bathroom, I questioned aloud, "Do you think this baby will ever really come?" (At my appointment the Friday before, the doctor had suggested I wouldn't make it through the weekend.)

My somewhat rhetorical question (Mike wasn't really listening to me anyway) ended up being a premonitory question, as my water broke just moments later and I suddenly went into a bout of denial that the baby really was coming, and told Mike it wasn't really a big deal, and we could just wait before doing anything about the issue at hand.

I remember every detail of the hours that followed but I'll spare you the details. And now, in what seems like the blink of an eye, sixteen years have passed since that Monday morning when I wondered if Megan would ever really come.

Sixteen years!!
Megan Eliza is 16!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails