Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Day

There are so many things I need to catch up on, on this blog. But first things, first...

One can not neglect for family history purposes to remember my 40th birthday. We wouldn't want generations from now to have no recollection or knowledge of the love I have for October 22nd.

My birthday.

Despite this birthday being my 40th, and stereotypically a much celebrated birthday, mine was very low key. Probably the lowest key birthday I've had in years and years, due to the timing of our NYC trip. (We returned home last night and some parts of real life today couldn't be neglected.)

But...
It was still a wonderful day. Ellie took this hilarious photo of me. It looks like it was posed and planned, but really I was laying on the couch doing nothing for a portion of the afternoon (it was my birthday remember!), and we started talking about birthday photos and lo and behold a photo op ensued.
Oh! And check out that new birthday shirt added to my closet this year! Loved wearing that and the hat for most of the day.

Of course, I couldn't neglect getting flowers for my mother...after all, she is the reason this wonderful day of the year even exists.

Happy Birthday TO ME.

Why yes, my birthday cake does have a hole in it you wonder. Why? Because upon my arrival home from NYC last night, my mother had kindly left the cake on my kitchen counter with a card stuck in it. I removed the card, and someone (who shall remain nameless, but is the only person older than me in this house) thought he should "fix the hole a bit," Which in cake-talk translates to "eat a little bite."
Like I said, my birthday was low-key and cake and ice cream was served for dinner. Yep! You read that right. FOR DINNER. I had a big lunch with Mike earlier in the day and wasn't hungry for dinner, Ellie had gymnastics, and time was running out. So... when the children queried what was for dinner I replied, "Cake and ice cream!" Drew yelped, "This is the best dinner ever."

I'm a good mother like that.
But I will add, an apple was cut up and served on the side.

Hooray for turning 40.
Having a birthday is THE BEST.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails