Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Day


I was awakened this morning by a phone call to meet Mike at the ER. To make a long story short, a machine bucket pointing downward came straight down on his foot and broke three bones in his foot. (We find out tomorrow morning if he will need surgery.) As the Dr. put it, Mike is actually lucky, because his steel-toed boots saved his foot from being completely crushed. Also, had the bucket fallen even 1-2 inches further up his foot, it would have separated the foot and leg entirely! We feel extremely blessed. Without a doubt, there is a reason that this morning as Mike walked out the door, he had a distinct impression (which he followed) to come back inside the house, kneel down and pray for safety today. I know without a doubt, that the Lord heard his prayers and spared his foot. And though we may face some disappointments and missed opportunities in the next few days, I will count my blessings.

7 comments:

  1. That whole story is amazing.Following the impressions of the spirit can truly save you! K-If you need anything at ALL...please call me...whatever it is. So how long does he have to be down?
    Get well soon Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany I'm so sorry to hear what happened to Mike. I'm glad that he's okay. How are you? I'm leaving for girls camp in the morning. I'll call you when I get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm serious about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! That sucks! How is Mike? So, I take it that your family isn't going camping this weekend. Everyone understands. You will all be missed! I think it's us, Cindy, Mindy. Rand and Val. Keep us informed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike I am so glad that you are not more seriously hurt. How wise of you to listen to the promptings! We will be moved in next weekend and would love to help any way we can. Can't wait to hear what the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe when we called after his surgery he was working!! Mike you're crazy. The rest of us would love the excuse to take a break. Although the manner in which it was provided is not so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails