Thursday, June 11, 2009

Five Year Plan Part 2

Last year I did an update on Mike's 'Five Year Plan.'

This summer should be the finished product!

This is the 5th summer living here.

But alas, the yard is still not done. Perhaps due to ten days after last years update he broke his foot and spent the summer laying on my couch!!!! The real reason, I believe it is not done is, because Mike has a "champagne appetite on a beer salary." And because we choose to do nothing unless with cash, we do it s l o w l y.

So far though, as these photos (and my bank account balance) will attest, we have made quite a bit of progress...















We won't even get into why it will probably turn into a 6-7 year plan...
That is a whole 'nother post!

9 comments:

  1. It's looking good though! Don't forget that Mike now has a real excuse for a sore back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yard looks so good. It is worth the wait because you will continue to enjoy the work that has been put into it for a lifetime. I love the stone in the fire pit area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany it looks beautiful...i thought it looked different when we came over the last day of school. Hope that Mike is feeling better.

    (Thank you so much for the flowers. You are a one in a million friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so much fun. I finally started to think of the yard and my 'master plan' as a work of art in progress. I love being in my yard...I just don't let myself look at all that needs to be done, just enjoy what you've already done. I would love to see it in person however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally laughing!! It will be the best backyard around!!! Yards are so much work! Hate doing it but love sitting in it! Me and work dont go hand in hand! Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your yard whether it is "complete" or not. This year has made great progress and really what is another 2-3 years of the final product?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yard is beautiful and you'll appreciate it so much more for all the work and time you guys have put into it. If Mike gets bored he can come work on our yard! (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is beautiful!! I hope I'll be working on a 5-year plan soon. I'd love to come see what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel bad, we're on the 20 year plan! It's lookin' GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails