Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Win for Reading


In college I took several Sociology classes. I found the subject very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the required reading and studying. Though most of my reading now consists only of blog posts, notes from school, Sunday School lessons, Facebook statuses, and answering the daily request of "read me a book", I still find myself reflecting on some of the general theories I studied.

I went to college in the days before the internet became a daily part of our lives. In fact, my very last quarter at the University of Utah, my professor strongly encouraged us to set up an email account. An email account?!? It was foreign and new and caused me undue stress. Back then, I used a computer to type a paper and that was about it.

All this rambling brings me to the point of this post.

BLOG STALKING.

Who of us, doesn't do it? We all do. Yet it seems to be some shameful secret we hide; that we read so and so's blog. Most bloggers that I know, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments. Myself included. I love reading them. Yet, even I am guilty of not leaving them on several of the blogs that I read (stalk).

All this brings me back to my sociology days in college. I think Blog Stalking would make for a very interesting subject in a sociology class. There has to be some sociological/psychological phenomenon behind it...

So I am CALLING ON ALL BLOG STALKERS to come forward.
ALL BLOG READERS THAT COMMENT and
ALL BLOG READERS THAT DON'T COMMENT.

(My SiteMeter tells me there are several of you out there....)

Because you see, my husband came home from work Monday night with a late Christmas gift from someone he works with.

Fifty Dollars to be spent at Best Buy.

We both looked at each other with similar slightly-confused looks. Neither of us have ever stepped foot in a Best Buy store. In fact, neither of us knows where one is. Give us some restaurant gift cards, even Walmart (we have two kids in diapers you know?), and we'd know much better how to use them (it was still a very nice gesture).

Lucky for you, we've decided that we're willing to part with them.

So I am CALLING ON ALL BLOG STALKERS to come forward.
ALL BLOG READERS THAT COMMENT and

ALL BLOG READERS THAT DON'T COMMENT.


Leave me a comment telling me:
1. How did you find my blog/or how do you know me.
2. What you enjoy most about my blog.
3. How wonderful I am (ok, that part is optional).


And I will:
Enter everyone's name in a random drawing.
The winner will be the lucky recipient of $50.00 to spend at Best Buy!

The winner will be picked and announced
Sunday, February 14th.
(How romantic is that?!)

Good luck and
DON'T BE SHY!!

22 comments:

  1. You came into my life very early one October morning. You have brought joy, love, and laughter and an occassional pain in my backside to my life.

    I stock the odd blog, okay Kristen & Sandy I'll own up to yours. You write beautifully. I never leave a thought as do you really want to hear from the lady who lived next door? I disqualify myself from this contest as the mother of the blogger but will be excited to see who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for any contest. I don't know that I stalk. I have visited two...wait three 'friend I haven't met yet' blog sites. I leave a comment if I can think of something cleverish to say. You know that you are one of my heroes.(Does that help the cause?) I met you when you moved to the ward. I couldn't ever remember your name until I thought of those wonderful drinks, then I kept confusing you and your daughter's names. (She didn't like it). I don't remember how I found the blog. But I love it! You are honest and in sharing your life, you remind me of the joy of the journey. I can remember stressful moments from my past life and laugh. You are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my day...just a big smile because you are one of those friends who I might not talk to every day...but I none the less admire you immensely.

    I admit with a smile that I am one of those BLOG STALKERS...we met in college (however I don't remember some of the vacations and such that you say we've been on ;)

    You have a way of saying the many things out loud that I think a lot of us out here only think...and wish we could say. (your awesome btw) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I have known you from the time that you moved from England. We lived by each other growing up.
    2. I love your honest, frank assessment of what is going on around you. I love your sense of humor and your writing skills.
    3. I don't know how you do it with 5 kids. I would be in the crazy bin. My two are more than enough at this moment. You find humor and joy in all that is happening around you. ( No that was not written in the hopes that I win, it is the truth.)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- I know you from church, mostly because we worked together on the Enrichment Committee in our ward. Working with you was probably my favorite part of being on the Enrichment Committee.

    2- I love all the fun and funny things you find to blog about. All of your posts are enjoyable to read, and most of them make me laugh.

    3- You are a very wonderful person and I'm sad that I hardly ever see you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I didn't realize that by not leaving comments I was stalking. I apologize for not leaving more comments. I will make sure not to do it anymore.

    1. I found your blog because you told me the address. Oh and how do I know you? Wow that is a lifetime of answers, but the beginning is I met you our junior year in High School in a math class with Mrs. Turn your blinker off.
    2. I love how honest you are in your blog, no pretending to be something you are not.
    3. How wonderful are you????? Hmmm you make really good sugar cookies and a roast dinner that is heavenly. You are a great mother to 5 fantastic kids. You usually are a great wife to Mike. And after 20 years you are still my BFF, has is really been that long?

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...
    I found your blog through other ward bloggers, which is really how I got to know you.
    I enjoy your HONESTY and humor.
    I enjoy your company/words because you know when I need to get out of the house/away from my kids, you find humor in Charlie's Sunday antics, you listen and ask questions, and you know how to throw a mean party.
    In short, you have made the past few months of my life much more bearable and enjoyable.
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a generous friend you are! And a friend, indeed. I met you one evening at the Paper Attic for a scrapbooking retreat. You and Kim were friends and Kim was sure that we would ALL be friends. And how right she was! I am grateful that she introduced us, as we are still friends to this day. I DO stalk blogs, but it's mostly because it's the way I stay connected to those I love. Some entries are worthy of a comment, some are golden just as they are. So I'll certainly continue to "stalk" my friends and family. As for YOUR blog, I love that you are a thinker and you post about the everyday things. Stuff I wouldn't even THINK to blog about. You keep it real. The thing I love most about you is that you know your imperfections and have accepted them (yelling at your kids during scripture study). Found myself doing that at family night last week. Such is life! Love you, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I found your blog via an email from you
    2. I enjoy seeing the pictures of the kids and hearing funny things they say. I also really enjoy reading your ________ (sometimes dramatic/excited) interpretation/observation of events.
    3. You are wonderful because you sacrificed a piece of your thumb to cut carrots on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit it. I'm a blog stalker. You wrote on my sisters wall and I was curious to what you wrote about her. So here I am! It makes me curious to think who stalks my blog! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't stalk, I'm just glad I found you on FB and love to read your blog. It's awesome that we have this technology to find those you knew back in the day. You are awesome Tiffany!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1-The first time I ever saw you was at a ward function shortly after you moved into the ward. We were then assigned to be VT partners and continued to be for nearly 4 1/2 years until I moved out of the ward. I miss VT together, but I'm glad we still have lunches, dinners... and our semi-annual favorites party.

    2-I have several blogs listed on my sidebar. Generally when I decide to start reading them I go to yours first. I always know I'm going to enjoy reading what you write. You keep your blog updated; it can make me laugh and it can make me cry. There is nothing phony or pretentious about you; you are honest. I love your blog!!

    3-You are wonderful and I'm so glad that we are friends, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You moved into my mom's ward when I still lived at home. Before I was married and had a baby :) You were the Relief Society music lady. My favorite thing about you and your blog is most definitely how you talk about each one of you children. You know them rather well and are such an amazing mom. You are my inspiration most days. I am so glad that I stalk your blog. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. I know you from the University of Utah and Beta Gamma.

    2. I love your blog because you are honest and tell it like it is. I really liked the entry about honesty, especially the part where you were disappointed that nap time had ended.

    The pictures of yor kids and artwork are really cute!

    3. You are great! I always had fun when we did stuff together!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha... okay I admit it, I love reading (stalking) your blog. I met you from being in the same ward and babysitting your wonderful kids. I love hearing about your experiences and how you are so honest about every thing. You are an awesome person! I look up to you and your family a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh!! You are so dang funny!! My computer got up and running just in time. Well...I am not stalker to you as I leave comments on a regular basis. But I do stalk too!! I agree we all do it! Ummm....you know how I know you but I do think you are pretty wonderful and extremely funny! I wish we saw eachother more! So when we doing the adult dinner?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. We met at the Christmas devotional in December 2004.
    2. I love seeing and reading about what is going on in the house, especially Luke's shenanigans and Ellie's comments.
    3. You are a great friend and someone I always know I can talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I first met you when you were a sweet little girl living in cheam and I had jsut started going out with Phillip,and he was very close to your dad and Dave Brain. You and your pqrents are tied up with my need and desire to have children. I enjoy reading your blog because you strike me as someone who has a clue, and because to be frank I am extrememly interested in the way other people live their lives. I found your blog from facebook (I think), and you couldn't help but be pretty damn good with parents like yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're pseudo family, Tiffany, therefore I feel the need to keep up with what is going in the lives of the other Sowby counterparts.
    Also, your kids are cute and their antics never cease to provide me with a chuckle.
    Lastly, I just like you. I think you're kind and thoughtful and just generally a nice person. I always feel welcome in your home and included in the family events. I really appreciate that. :)
    Now you know you are on the list of blogs I look at (stalk).
    No prize is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found your blog when you gave me the address. We've been friends since 8th grade. I love your blog because you are so honest and candid about everyday life. You are FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!!! And you truely are AMAZING. AMAZING MOTHER, AMAZING FRIEND, AMAZING EVERYTHING! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tiffany! I didn't see this post until your contest was over, but I'll tell you how I found your blog! I got a comment on my blog one day from someone I had no clue who it was. Well, I went to her blog and found out it was Casey's wife, although I'm not sure how she found mine. Either way, I have read hers ever since and discovered a link to your blog! So there you have it, that's how I found your blog and I love reading it. It is very real, and I love how honest and down to earth you are in your writing. It's blogs like yours that I enjoy reading. It isn't ALWAYS about all the blissful moments, although we all have them. I am often annoyed with those blogs, so thank you for sharing your life and entertaining mine!! Hope all is well old neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails