Monday, March 22, 2010
Time Out for Mom
Sunday I came home from church hungry and tired.
I decided to cook a 'Sunday dinner.' (A few months ago, for various reasons, I switched 'Sunday dinners' to 'Monday dinners'.)
But, Sunday I was hungry for a good meal. I reneged on my switch.
While cooking Sunday's meal:
I listened to complaints about the meal choice.
I received negative replies when suggesting the table be set.
I heard moaning about another task asked to be completed.
I could hear mean words exchanged between sisters.
I heard the tears after a shin was kicked by a sibling.
I was still hungry and tired.
I exchanged cross words with my husband, while I verbally spewed my regrets of fixing a dinner and not keeping with my original four month ago plan to not have Sunday dinners
I turned off all the stove burners. I pushed the stop button on the dinging microwave. I went to my bedroom and cried.
When I returned, my solitary place setting was still at the table.
It stayed there all day.
It was still there when I went to bed Sunday night.
It was untouched.
I cleared it Monday morning.
Motherhood is not always bliss.
Thank goodness for tomorrows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you need a longer time out. :)
ReplyDeleteThey need to give you a break and let you go get a massage! :)
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you are going on vacation this week!
ReplyDelete