But whether it is all relative or not, I am finding constant reminders that I kind of have a lot of kids...
When ...
- I do not have enough chairs at the kitchen table to seat everyone, and thus the one year old is often left in the corner.
- I have no extra seats in my suburban.
- I wear a 'children charm' necklace and a sarcastic neighbor warns me it will break if I add anymore to it.
- I only have three children at the store with me, and it seems like bliss.
- I've almost outgrown the need to ever use a 9x13 casserole dish.
- On Mondays I do at least 8 loads of laundry, and they'll still be more to do the next day.
- Buying a Happy Meal for each child almost breaks the bank.
- One loaf of bread isn't usually enough for everyone to have sandwiches for a picnic.
- My children have to argue about who gets to practice the piano first.
- I've been changing diapers for 11 1/2 years and I still have a couple more years to go.
- I pretty much have to start the dishwasher after one meal.
- I cringe slightly when asked at a restaurant 'How many in your party?'
- Me or my children never experience loneliness. There is always someone that won't leave someone alone.
With this many in the house, life is never boring.

And this is the way it ought to be. My Aunt only has 1 child and is considerably lonely as she is now married and moved away, and not expecting any babies anytime soon. The Lord designed this life around families. Enjoy your posterity and hope that they are as fruitful as you!
ReplyDeleteLove your list. Five is definitely a crowd.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've been changing diapers for over 11 years, too. =)