It is said that 'silence is golden' and boy do I agree
It's just Drew, my dad's Mini Cooper and me for a couple of days while my kids (and suburban) are at 'Cousin Camp' for 32 hours.
Oh I love my children.
I really truly do.
But there is no fighting, no whining, no noise, no dirty underwear on any floor, no unmade beds, no toothpaste in the sink, no shoes on the kitchen floor, no bikes scattered on the driveway, there is only one cup instead of two or three each sitting out on the counter, and the floor that I mopped yesterday afternoon is STILL CLEAN!
It's just me and a 16 month old who still takes two decent naps...
B.L.I.S.S.



That's so neat that your mom does that! That is a LOT of work for her! Enjoy your quiet house and your baby!
ReplyDeleteHahaha I was thinking how nice that sounds and then I realized it is my life haha! But it sounds nice for you. I wish I could say my house stayed that clean with ONLY one baby but he sure is hard to keep up after. Maybe it will seem easy after five. haha! Have a good couple of days!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!! Children are great and I know you love them - Your a great mom, but sometimes a little time off is good too. Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteSounds heavenly....
ReplyDeleteUmm everything that wasn't at your house could have been found at my house! Fun was had by all...now however we are all worn out!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like bliss!! And there's nothing wrong with enjoying a break from most of the kids every once in a while.
ReplyDeleteOh man. That sounds great to me. We just got done driving 20 hours with all 5 of m kids in the car. The first 14 hours were great...the last 6 hours... were....well....
ReplyDeleteCan I join you?
One of the reasons I loved Fathers and sons outings, and mothers and daughters outings... Mike took three boys while I stayed home with one daughter. I took one daughter while Mike stayed home with three boys. Good situation. That will work nicely for you too :-)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how novel it is to live in cleanliness? But of course, if it were always clean, and if we had no children, we would miss it. You're so cute....
ReplyDelete