Except for one part.
On a slight side-note, the other night my husband was on the phone, (and sometimes I have things that I want him to say during particular phone calls), so I kept whispering it to remind him to say it.
He hung up the phone and very politely in a voice, I'm not sure if he wanted me to hear or not, said,
"You're like a broken record."
For the record, I was not offended. I was actually quite amused but we quickly moved onto other more worthy spousal conversations and it was given no further discussion.
So back to our morning routine...
I notice I am pretty much saying the same thing all morning long.
And it is driving me nuts.
Hurry and get dressed so you can practice.
Hurry and finish up your practicing so you can eat.
Hurry and finish eating so you can get your teeth brushed.
Hurry and get your teeth brushed so you can get your shoes on.
Hurry and get your shoes on.
Hurry so we can read scriptures.
Hurry and kneel down so we can pray.
Hurry and get your backpacks on and line up. (Aagh, do I really say, 'line up' to my children?)
Hurry so you don't miss the bus.
(And we are ALWAYS standing at the bus stop with time to spare. Last year included.)
I am slightly concerned that I am sounding like a broken record. Or an extremely uptight parent.
Something's gotta change.
And I have a feeling, it's me!
Haha..offended...no! I think we all as women have all felt that way. Me included. I hate being late...to anywhere...and if you have time to spare in the morning after everything is done. Cudos to you guys! Luvs!
ReplyDeleteHey I am amazed that you get ALL of that done in the morning before school! I just get my kids up and make sure they are fed before shoving them out the door so they don't miss the bus. You are a much better mom! WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed you fit all that into one morning. I'm not sure I could pull all of that off and still be on time.
ReplyDeleteI think any mother of five children would sound like a broken recod at one time or another. I think you do an amazing job, and you always seem to be smiling. I think your sense of humor is a great asset.
ReplyDeleteYou did an great job with your lesson today, as usual, but I have to disagree. You didn't look like a cow.
Great, I say Hurry all the time already and my kids aren't in school yet! ;o)
ReplyDelete