Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Birthday Party That Wasn't

Have I mentioned before that I LOVE birthdays?
But even if you didn't, who couldn't love a party like this?
For not liking birthdays much, even the birthday boy spent the evening smiling.
Before the evening ended, we had a few different friends, family and neighbors join us. The "non-birthday dinner" turned into a family carnefel that turned into an impromptu gathering of family and friends on the back patio.
 Even Mike exclaimed as he laid down in bed,
"What a fun evening."



2 comments:

  1. So is "carnefel" "carnival" in British-ese? Fantastic cake! Don't tell me you made it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birthdays too!! My expectations as a kid were high for birthdays, so I tend to expect the balloons hanging down, birthday table, traditions, etc for the kids, but husbands are the hardest to celebrate by far!

    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails