But then at the same time, what seems like in a blink of an eye, we have gone to this:
And then while pursing another part of my assignment, I thought about my in-laws. I'm sure to them it probably seems like a blink of an eye that in 30 years, my in-laws went from this:
(engagement picture sometime late 1969/ early1970)
To this:
(December 2010)
30 years! I know it seems like a long time looking forward, but when I consider Mike and I are half way there. It makes me sad and melancholy.
Okay, but honestly sometimes-- it doesn't. Sometimes it makes me a little anxious and overly-excited --thinking about a life with no carpools, fevered kids, poopy diapers, or science fair projects, sounds SPLENDID.
But--then I look at this picture--and realize this was just 9 short years ago.
Project forward another 9 years... two of my kids will be full blown adults. Okay, wait I can't think about it after all.
It makes me cry.
"The days are long, but the years are short."





Beautifully put Tiffany! I would have sworn that was Elli in that first picture. Beautiful family too!!
ReplyDelete