It seemed that I was more focused on an insignificant package of firefighter toys Joshua was coming to show me, than the much desired remote controlled helicopter Luke was pulling from his bag, or the American Girl surprise being pulled from Ellie's bag.
(At least the photo captures Megan's face in response to the American Girl surprise.)
There are times, I wish I could throw out the expectations of photographs and soak up the moments a little more. But what would that really say about us as parents if we took no photos on Christmas morning!? Besides, this year the photos of Christmases past that my mother has in a little Christmas album, really seemed to tug at my heartstrings more than in years past, and I felt even more the desperate need to capture today's memories for my children to fondly look back on in a few decades like I so enjoy doing with my own childhood photos.
And so there you have it. A few obligatory photos of Christmas morning.
(They weren't exactly a "Christmas present" but I was trying to even out the presents from Mike and I for each child, and so church shoes got wrapped for him.)
Merry Christmas 2012!





I feel the same way about Christmas photos. Even though Robert and I are armed with a camera and video camera, we miss a lot of great moments. It's stressful to try and capture it all, but if you don't try, you will for sure miss the memories. Love Drew's choice of only underwear and shoes. Classic.
ReplyDelete