The other day, while Drew sat at the counter eating the exact same lunch he eats every day (a half peanut butter sandwich, and either applesauce, apple slices or carrots), I stood across from him "chatting." He had my complete attention, and it was a moment I willed my mind to remember forever. So much so, that I decided to grab a paper and pencil and record Drew's answers to some of my questions.
Me: What is your favorite thing about school?
Drew: "Math. Wait, what is math?"
Me: What do you like best about mornings with mom?
Drew: "Playing games and I forgot what else."
Me: What are you going to be when you grow up?
Drew: "A football player"
Me: What does it feel like being 5 years old?
Drew: "You mean AND A HALF?"
Yes: What does it feel like being FIVE AND A HALF?
Drew: "The same as 5."
Me: If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would you do?
Drew: "I would cook 100 pieces of toast and eat them all."
I love mornings with Drew.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?