(Mike and Tiffany, Sedona, AZ 2005)
We already know, that I don't like Valentine's Day. I like traditions that are more everyday than forced on a holiday. For example, I don't want flowers on Valentines Day, I want them as a surprise some other day of the year. We rarely (I don't think ever) have exchanged gifts on Valentines Day. (Unless you count the year Mike bought me the suburban and surprised me with it in the garage.)
We already know, that I don't like Valentine's Day. I like traditions that are more everyday than forced on a holiday. For example, I don't want flowers on Valentines Day, I want them as a surprise some other day of the year. We rarely (I don't think ever) have exchanged gifts on Valentines Day. (Unless you count the year Mike bought me the suburban and surprised me with it in the garage.)
Last year for Valentines Day, I came up with the idea to write a list of 100 reasons why we love each other. I presented mine to him on Valentines Day. He gave me mine in August! But only after repeated threats while taking care of him and his broken foot last summer, that I better have a list before he could walk again.
I decided this year in honor of Valentines Day and for our family journal. I would highlight a few random reasons from each of our lists.
Reasons Why I Love You, Tiffany (From Mike)
- There is never a dull moment in our house
- I always know how you feel
- You actually enjoy cleaning up after dinner
- You don't hide chocolate very well
- Occasionally you share your chocolate
- Your friends are as varied as your interests.
- You speak your mind, even if the Stake President is within earshot.
- Your fee structure is very reasonable
- You are very dramatic sometimes
- You like to sing and want to be a singer when you grow up.
- You're quite funny you know.
- I just want to!
Reasons Why I Love You, Mike (From Tiffany)
- You humbly accept I have a better score record in Scrabble
- You're never snappy
- You mostly overlook my "damn-it" habit
- You've never actually made me get rid of a pair of shoes even though you tell me to.
- You'd never be a good liar because your mouth goes crooked when you try to tell one
- You don't lose patience about my snow phobia
- You've never told me to quit eating chocolate
- You'll never want a pet.
- You've never told me I am bossy or naggy.
- You don't usually comment when I like to wear sweats most of the time
- You were so excited to tell everyone Megan was born that you forced me to name her Megan.
- You've come to accept that I will eventually calm down!
And these my friends, are just some of the reasons, we consider ourselves to have a very good marriage!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Aaaaahhh! That was tender. I think I need my husband to list some of the reasons he loves me. You two are so cute.
ReplyDeleteCute post! You two make a great couple. Hope you had a great Valentines.
ReplyDelete