
Megan decided to be crafty on Friday night. Well, being crafty is nothing new to my kids, but inviting Ellie to participate with her was. Megan and Ellie began decorating their flip flops with material.I went into monitor the "mess situation." (There are a few things I am very uptight about.)
Before I knew it, I had become the designated cut-and-rip the fabric-and-tie them-onto-Ellie's flip-flops-person.
Before long, Mike came in, laid on the floor close by and observed the situation. Being careful to avoid any requests for help with the ongoing project.
Luke soon joined the crowd, and quietly read a book. Then decided he wanted to be part of a "shoe project." Luke decided to make "flip flops" out of his K-Nex.
Ellie having found someone else (me!) to finish her project, made "cake" for us with the close-by toy kitchen.
All in all, it was a very pleasant evening-helped by the fact Joshua was in bed, fast asleep by 7:15pm.

Megan's comment was, "This is really fun being together as a family like this. I bet lots of families wouldn't do something like this."
It is evenings like this that I don't feel so bad, when my children join with the other voices in Primary on Sundays and sing an old Primary favorite,
"And so you see, we are a happy family."
Because, SOMETIMES, we are!
I love looks flip flops! That kid cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteCUTE! What a fun night.
ReplyDeleteHow fun...I love the shoes! Ok...you still have not had this baby. Are you so done? What is your real do date? Cuz I didn't win.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT! Anissa would just die! She loves doing things like that!
ReplyDeleteFun night.
ReplyDeleteThe flip flops turned out so cute! I have to say that your family seems very happy to me!
ReplyDeleteCute flip flops! You guys are an awesome family.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a cute family! The flip flops turned out great! Good job Megan!
ReplyDeleteThose flip flops are some of my favorites. Cute family you have there!
ReplyDelete