Monday, May 4, 2009

Fully Dressed

It's been 5 weeks of changing diapers, feeding a baby, rocking a baby, not so great nights, lots of extra laundry, not getting much else done, changing diapers, feeding a baby, rocking a baby, not so great nights, extra laundry, not getting much else done. . .

You know. That life adjusting to a newborn.

But then...today Drew looked up at me, his eyes lit up and a smile appeared!

It made me cry. My baby smiled at me for the first time.


And though I couldn't get it repeated for the camera, and though I know the smiles will be few and far between for a couple more weeks...

That brief moment was one of those small rewards only a mother can know.

13 comments:

  1. I love it when they start smiling! It's nice to have a little bit of a reward for all the work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no Nostradamus, but let me guess: did his first smile also correspond with the first time he saw you fully dressed and not wearing sweats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those smiles are so cute! Kade is starting to get a few here and there but I don't think he knows he is doing it and like you said they are few and far between. How do you do that half cake thing? Do you make a whole cake and just cut half off? Silly question I know but I think it is such a fun family tradition. You are are good at those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....he is so darling! I love those new baby smiles. They are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany...First I haven not congratulated you on your baby...so Congratulations!! As I was reading the first half of this post I thought...ok Gina see you don't need to have another baby but then I read the second half and (sniff sniff) I thought HMMMMM!! Just don't tell Jerry ok!! Your baby boy is beautiful!! Hope you and your family are doing well!! Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! I love newborn smiles!! They are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes it all worthwhile. Even Avery does that to me, still.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could see him!! We're missing all the baby stages :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know I have never met this little one...guess I better come back to church! Now I will want to hold him and coax a smile or two.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails