A couple of recent posts raised a few questions in my comment section and in conversation. I will address them now.
"Fully Dressed" title: The post was about Drew's first smile, I titled it Fully Dressed because of the Annie song, "You're never fully dressed without a smile." It had nothing to do with the clothing he or I was wearing that day, although, yes Casey, I did happen to be wearing sweats that day.
Half Birthday Cake: I make two round cakes from one cake mix. I freeze one of the rounds for when I get a chocolate cake craving. (Which is quite frequent because chocolate cake is my ALL TIME FAVORITE dessert.) I cut the other round in half, put the pieces on top of each other and frost with my 'Ultimate Chocolate Frosting' recipe. The cut edge doesn't ever look good-in fact I don't frost it, but who cares-1/2 birthday cakes are for immediate consumption.
(I don't know what will happen in a few more years-half a cake won't be enough for our family. The one I made for Luke last week was gone in one sitting, and that of course isn't including Drew who can't eat cake yet!)
Mother's Day Photo: Every year I get a good picture of the kids and me before church. So now, I actually think it is funny that this year we still got the picture...we're just in our pajamas!
I won't even begin to answer the question or queries of whether I am nicer to Mike now than I was when we had been married only minutes. I'll leave that question up to you. What do you think?
You crack me up girl! When are we going out? You are a good antidepressant1
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info about the cake, that was the question that I asked. As for future half birthdays...just frost the other half and have it ready for consuption.
ReplyDeleteI actually did get the "smile" reference. Not the "Annie" part but I've heard the saying you aren't fully dressed without a smile.
As for being nicer to Mike...(I love the story about the first minutes after you were married. You must be nice)...he's happy :-)
Can I have your frosting recipe? I love that you celebrate half birthdays.
ReplyDeleteYou are just so darling. I love reading your blog and the cute things you do and say. I am not sure but I would think you have never not been nice to Mike.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the clarity on the b-day cake. I have wondered forever how you did that. Does that make me dumb?
ReplyDeleteAnd, no, you are not nicer to him now than you were then. Does the word "Pansy" bring anything to mind? I love you and your ability to voice your mind.
ReplyDelete