"The key to being a real cowboy, is to get back up on a horse when your
broken arm has healed properly."
broken arm has healed properly."
The Cowboy's Mom
Mike and I spent most of Saturday in heated discussion regarding Luke's 'sore wrist.'
Luke spent nearly all of Saturday laying on the couch. His activities consisted of, Tylenol swallows, ice pack wraps, band-aid replacements and an occasional complaint.
Sunday morning, Mike took Luke to the church at 8:30am to set up chairs. Upon completion of that task, Mike (finally) took Luke to Primary Childrens Medical Center where a broken arm was diagnosed.
Ellie's response to all this?
"It's a good thing Grandpa didn't see it, because Luke wasn't wearing a helmet."
Joshua's response to all this?
"I don't want ride a horse and fall on the road."
Megan's response to all this?
Luke asks. Megan does.
Mike's response to all this?
"At least now Luke has a good story to tell. Not only does he have a broken arm from falling from a high speed galloping horse, he set up chairs before he was taken to the doctor!"
My response to all this?
"Told you so..."


And such is life with boys.
ReplyDeleteSo sad poor guy!! He's a tough kid though. Also its kind of ironic but my sister in law, the other Tiffany I told you about, also has a kindergartener going through the same thing with hearing loss and maybe ear tubes. Kind of funny. You two are really alike.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've had a mighty eventful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. I hope he gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteI first thought you meant a bike with the helmet comment. But I agree with him that he has to get back on the horse. All good horsemen have a bruise or two to show for their love of the beast.
Luke and I share something in common... we both started out on the back of a horse, and we both ended up on the asphalt.
ReplyDeleteThat's a rare sight . . . Luke lying on the couch!
ReplyDeleteAw poor Luke.
ReplyDeleteSo glad he made it back to church before it was over! Awesome job Luke, I think Jacob is a little jealous.
ReplyDeleteAwww...he is a true cowboy! What a tuff little man!
ReplyDelete