I loved:
- sitting by the pool reading
- shopping at the mall with no time restraint
- sleeping in a king size bed
- pringles and mini-eggs for breakfast
- eating outside
- the Desert Jeep Tour (courtesy of RainBird)
- the 1970's Scout that didn't break down (pay attention to the top middle photo)
- visiting with our driver, Carlos
- the seven guys in our group that didn't mind me tagging along for a couple of days (although I politely declined the Rainbird factory tour...)
- the unique beauty of the Arizona desert
- the 'Cowboy' dinner catered in the desert
- having some much-needed and appreciated alone time with my husband
- renting a car and driving to Phoenix to visit with some of our favorite cousins
- pedicures and manicures with said favorite cousins
- hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants
- the smell of orange blossoms
- visiting the Tucson Botanical Gardens
- warm temperatures
And of course coming home last night to this:
(A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thank you goes to 'the piano teacher,' Danelle (and husband and baby), for babysitting, five not-always-easy kids.)
Although, reality slapped me in the face this morning, as I ran to the bus stop in my bathrobe, carrying Drew and holding/dragging Ellie's hand as she was crying.
Hmmm-someone please remind me, what exactly was it I missed about my children while I was gone?!?





Why do we miss our children so much when we are gone?!? It sounds like you guys had a great trip.
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome tiff. It's because despite faults...we LOVE THEM :)
ReplyDeleteWhere's the picture of you in your bathrobe?
ReplyDeleteYay!! So glad you got a little get away! SO fun! Love that last picture! Way cool!
ReplyDeleteWhy aren't my Arizona vacations as fun?
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I am so jealous!
ReplyDelete