After walking Megan down the street in my slippers, pajamas and big winter coat (in the teen degree temperature) to her YW leader's house I returned to bed.
I was still sleeping quietly when Megan returned.
I was still sleeping quietly as Megan cooked herself and all of the kids some eggs for breakfast.
I was still sleeping while Megan did Ellie's hair.
I was still sleeping while Megan packed two home lunches.
I was still (okay, well by now I was mostly awake) when Luke practiced the piano with no one reminding or asking him to.
I was still laying in bed while I listened to four people demanding Megan's attention.
"Megan, listen to this song."
"Megan, we bought apple juice yesterday. I want that."
"Da-Da-Da" (Drew's sounds for anything that could have ranged from asking for anything from food to a diaper change)
"Megan, will you pour the juice for me?"
"Megan, I want a capri-sun in my lunch."
"da-da-da"
"Megan, where are my shoes?"
Megan was actually very patient. I didn't even feel the slight bit guilty, but instead laid in bed worn out at the constant demands being asked of Megan, and realized it is NO WONDER I am WORN out when my three oldest kids walk out of the house at 8:21am.
I finally dragged myself out of bed at 7:47am. Sat on the couch with Joshua,read a book, and laughed out loud when it was finished and as I closed the book heard him exclaim, "That was a great book!"
I did not laugh however when at 8:22am, Ellie was standing in the front yard screaming and crying (long story) and I simply said, "Goodbye. I love you. Have a good day, and don't you dare miss the bus." I then turned around, locked the front door and watched her from the front window.
I'm certainly going to take Megan up on her offer as I laid in bed of, "You can do this once a week."
The one exception?
I'll stay in bed until 8:23am.
Happy Friday!!
WHAT A GROWN UP! (megan that is ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat was Megan doing at 5:00 a.m.???
ReplyDeleteIt's so great when they can start helping in big ways like that... and having a live-in babysitter is great too!! Megan is awesome!
ReplyDelete