The innocence in Joshua's voice and the excitement in his eyes as he passionately exclaimed, "I'm going to keep this forever and ever" was enough to make me tear up. I wanted a still picture of the moment. I wanted a video of the moment. And I wanted an eloquently worded essay about the moment.
But I knew I would have none.
Instead, I just enjoyed the moment and continued on the walk.
Though I have always been an avid journal writer, frequent blogger and camera grabber, I am beginning to realize that there are SO MANY moments that I commit to want to 'keep forever and ever' yet it is next to impossible to do.
I can't capture everything!
(Yes. That is a booger stuck on Joshua's teeth!)
(Yes. Drew may still have a bottle when he is in Kindergarten. Oh well.)
I won't.
And that is ok.
I am trying to live in the moment more.
I can't capture EVERYTHING.
Sometimes I just have to enjoy it.


That is so true with motherhood. I thought I could never forget some of those precious moments I spent with my son, but alas, life gets crazy and with age my memory has faded. I wish at times I could go back and be a better journal writer, but I do remember the way my sweet son made me feel, and no one or time can take that away from me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me Tiffany, you are a great journal writer and I only wish I could have written half of what you have kept on your blog. You're Awesome!!
Oh man, that picture of the booger on the teeth is classic! Made me laugh out loud!! Love reading your blog Tiffany! You seem to have a knack for noticing and appreciating all the small details in life that most people look past.
ReplyDelete