On a recent Saturday afternoon, I passed the little brown tennis shoes as I made my way to the car with a bag of things for the DI. As I loaded the bag into the back of the car, I pondered out loud, "Should I keep Drew's old shoes or not?" Mike from the driver's seat loudly stated a bold, "NO" before I was even finished with the question. As Megan turned around to look at me, she said wisely, "Think about some little boy wearing them who might really need them."
And so tossing aside all my DI opinions (I really should air those one day...), I grabbed the nearby shoes that have carried Drew's little feet for months and tossed them into the back of the suburban. Realizing there are plenty of memories I can keep that don't collect dust, or take up room in the already-hard-to-close cedar chest.
This afternoon, I watched Drew snuggle up with Mike and I verbalized out loud the stark realization, "My baby is almost TWO! TWO YEARS OLD!" Mike absolutely loves the 2-4 age range, and so he answered, "Can't wait!"
It left me with mixed feelings.
Though I love the ease in which day to day life carries on without a little baby around, I certainly have mixed feelings with each passing day, as my life gets further away from the baby stage.
My baby is almost TWO!
Where has/is the time going?
Freeze time freeze!


You will just have to compensate by watchin mine and Kristin's babies ;).
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it myself. Time really does fly, our little babies grow up much too fast!
ReplyDeleteTell me about it! It flies all too fast!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree! I'm so torn with wanting to get out of the baby stage, but worried that I'll be sad to not have a baby anymore.
ReplyDeleteAww I love little Dewie. What a sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteAww...Tiffany! I love you! It has been way way to long. I have been the worst blogger and friend. I hadve been out of the computer loop. I have No idea about your guy! I just emailed you! I loved reading and getting a little caught up!!! we really need to chat and maybe get together for a girls lunch. I would so come up that way! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete