Monday, October 24, 2011

Priceless Gifts

I guess while shopping at the store for my birthday, my kids reminded Mike that I wanted some new hand-weights. To which Mike replied, "I think we have enough things for now."

Luke, ever the thoughtful gift-giver, couldn't bear for me to go without them. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when just after I'd unwrapped my gifts, I was presented with some '91/2 pound' weights. To which he exclaimed, "I even weighed them so they're right."

And then there was the heartfelt card from Ellie that told me,
"You are pretty much the best mom.
"You magic stuff, you play games, take me on dates, see you are the best mom!"   

And of course the homemade cake and card from Megan, the cowboy drawing from Joshua and the scribbling and assisted 'I love you' note from Drew.

I loved all my store-bought things, but really these other things don't even compare.
They're priceless.

I love that Mike helps 'remind' the children to do something from the heart as well as simply wrap a store-bought present.

Except for the home-made weights...

The credit goes entirely to Luke for those.

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!
    SO glad we have another thing in common, birthdays are big around here too!!! Glad it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I thought about you. I love your gifts. What great children you have! I am excited for my birthday now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really laughed when I saw the picture of your "weights"... but I could've cried too. You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is so Luke, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your weights! That is something to cherish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha I made the exact same gift that Luke made you for my brother one year.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails