Friday, February 19, 2010

Abracadabra


I'm not sure I remember when my magical powers began. I think sometime, when in an easy going mood, I 'abracadabra-ed' and some fruit snacks fell out of my arm sleeve. Right then and there my children (I think Luke and Ellie) were stunned.

Since then, I have 'magic-ed' anything from fruit snacks and candy to markers, to skirts and sandals.

Recently, Ellie didn't want to leave the pool. Her whiny response was, "Well, will you magic something when we get home?" (Usually I magic only on my terms, not by request.) But to facilitate a much speedier departure from the water, I agreed.

Upon returning home, as I was emptying the bag of wet towels and swimming suits, I hear a little voice,

"Mom, you are so magic. You are the best mom in the whole entire world."

Who can resist that?
And then it happened.
As I was twirling around in the kitchen 'abracadabra-ing' , uncomfortable and cold in my still wet swimsuit, what do you know?
Two fruit roll-ups fell from my skirt.

Smiling, Joshua and Ellie dove down to scoop them up and my head immediately began hurting from too much twirling, but really, who wouldn't want to be referred to as,

"Mom, you are so magic. You are the best mom in the whole entire world."


(Even Megan believes, after all, if you were complaining you had no shoes to wear to church one Sunday morning, and your mother suddenly 'magics' a new pair, you wouldn't roll your eyes either! Which brings me to why I only magic on my terms and not in response to requests, because Ellie has requested some pretty difficult things for a simple magician like me!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails