BUT...ever wonder who has made sure MOM has been taken care of!? Sometimes we're the last ones on the list.
My friend Janelle is going to be addressing this very issue at a Power of Moms workshop "Taking Care of the "ME" in Mom." It will be held in a home in Farmington and promises to be a fulfilling, fun evening. Follow the link HERE to read more about it and to register.
Or if that one doesn't work for you, put Saturday, March 10th 10am-12pm on your calendar for one by my friend Lindsay in Provo. (Registration will be up soon!)
If none of those grab your fancy, maybe this will: a Couples Family Systems workshop being held in Orem on March 2nd. You can read more about it HERE.
And if none of the above appeals to you. Here's an opportunity that I may have soon...
Helping this goat give birth!
It gives me anxiety to think too much about it. When Luke runs in the house each day describing to me the telltale signs that the goat is indeed pregnant and will very likely give birth in the next month or so, I want to cry.
I'm not quite sure what in the world Mike and I have gotten ourselves into. All Mike says when I ask him what we need to do in preparation is smile and say, "I'm not sure, but I do know we need to go buy some full arm gloves."
Oh boy.
Now if those aren't some decent opportunities, I'm not quite sure what are.
Take your pick.

I know that Steve has helped with calf births. I'm sure he can calm you down and help you out. I will pray that it is a normal birth and you won't have to do anything but watch (or not). I have to say baby goats are incredibly cute. I will be down to say hello when the'blessed event' takes place. (A story there, but I will share it privately)
ReplyDeleteFull length gloves are a must.
ReplyDeleteAll I think of when I hear of farm animals giving birth, is my college roommate telling me about her childhood in Idaho, where she and a friend played with a placenta for hours after her goat/cow? gave birth, ick! I'm not sure who was traumatized more from this me or her?
You are so amazingly creative with your kids (the money grab) and do so much for them and your friends and community! What energy you have--I wish I was more like that. Yes, it is true you need to take care of you too. When you think of it as "taking care of your children's mother" instead of "taking care of yourself", sometimes it sounds more needful. You are sooo amazing Tiffany! Wow. And as far as the goat giving birth, I'm nervous for you! We need pictures of the baby goat though!
ReplyDeleteAlways fun things on your blog...full armed gloves, a money grab (working on setting up our family economy this week too - so nice to hear that part of hte retreat that I missed last time!), and homework tips!! Love it.
ReplyDelete