I had anticipated saying goodbye to my oldest child, Megan for six days would be difficult, but I didn't know I'd cry this much. I cried when Mike gave her a Father's blessing. I cried during family prayer. And I cried as Mike backed out of the driveway and Megan waved goodbye excitedly, from the rolled down back window.I know Megan's trip to Washington, DC with her paternal grandparents will be a trip she will always remember. I know she will learn much and have a great time. I do have anxieties that this post isn't the place for, but those that know me, know what they are.
We had an enjoyable breakfast together as a family. While I was cooking it, even Joshua seemed to recognize Megan was leaving soon as he resisted her telling him she had to go get dressed, "No Di-der." (sister)
Even big, tough, Luke had a sad look on his face as he returned into the house after hugging and waving goodbye to Megan. Luke said he will miss having tickling fights with Megan for the next few days.
As for Ellie-I think she was most concerned about, "Is Steve (Mike's Dad) going to be at the airport to get Megan?" (Although, I do think she has already eyed plenty of Megan's belongings that she is going to have free reign over for the next six days.)
As for me, I think I'll look on the bright side-I won't miss arguing with lawyer-in-training Megan, for 6 days!!!
Wow! I would cry too, I can't even imagine. Of course I cry over EVERYTHING....everything. You are a brave and nice Mom! This is going to be an experience she will never forget. I am a little jealous.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I remember about you growing up is that you weren't much of a crier, have things changed? Is it because you are preggers? Or does it depend on the situation?
Guess this means Luke and Ellie will be calling me to go to Dee's on Thursday night for dinner/breakfast!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear all about her trip. When I told Brandon and Jacob that she left this morning Jacob said, "to Washington D.C.? To meet the president?" Maybe she will surprise us all and meet the president!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for Megan, and how hard for you! Hopefully it will go by quick and she'll have so much to tell you about when she gets home.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting thing for Megan to get to do. She'll be fine, and so will you (I think). We could always go to lunch. There's nothing like laughing our heads off to forget worries :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for Megan. She is going to have so much fun. I hope you found your phone so that you could send it with her an hear from her while she's away.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh....how fun for her!! Hope everything goes well.
ReplyDeleteI only wish I could make my comment on this post in public. You'll have to call me for it! Hope she has fun!
ReplyDeleteThe joys of being a mother :) (thanks for lunch--it was yummy ;)
ReplyDeleteWe're so excited to have her here! Sorry it's without you.
ReplyDelete