Sunday, August 9, 2009

It is MY camera!

I'll make the story short.

#1. Mike volunteers to go to Moon Lake in the High Uintahs to pick up young men and leaders from a 50 mile hike.

#2. Mike takes the opportunity to take Luke and Joshua and go early and FISH.

#3. I gladly volunteer the camera; the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#4. I don't have my camera with me to take a picture of my BFF riding along the trail by my house in a triathalon. Instead, I just proudly wave and cheer her on.

#5. I don't have my camera with me to take a picture of my girls getting their hair cut for the first time at a "hair cutting place."

#6. 'Oh well,' I think during my missed opportunities; the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#7. I was kindly serving a friend at her daughter's reception with Megan and was not home when they returned from their trip to Moon Lake.

#8. As I get out of the car when I return home, I see Luke pedaling his little legs as fast as they will go to get across the cul-de-sac at record speed. As he approaches me I say in a horrified voice, "What in the h*!@ are you wearing on your head?"

#9. Mike and Luke excitedly ask me to view the photos on the camera. I gladly take the opportunity. Afterall, the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#10. There are 4 photos on the camera.

#11. I gasp in horror as I am viewing 2 photos of my son cutting the tail from a dead fox on the side of the road in the High Uintahs. (After the suggestion from a man I (used to) think highly of in our ward!)
(Photo has been cropped to be less offensive to potential viewers!)

#12. After returning home, Mike and Luke visit our neighbor, Dave to remove the bone from the fox tail and check for disease.

#13. After our neighbor gave the tail the all-clear and explained to Mike and Luke how to "cure" it for a few days, the neighbor decides to give Luke this Coyote fur? head-dress? skin? thing? he just happened to have?! The coyote fur? head-dress? skin? thing? made-up the other 2 photos on the camera.
#14 This is what I get for passing up photo opportunities of my BFF in her first triathalon and my daughters getting their first haircuts at a salon. And, I didn't see a SINGLE spectacular photo of the scenery and setting of my boys fishing.

My husband is grounded from church duties for a while!

11 comments:

  1. First, I thought I was your BFF. . .:) Second, I can't believe you only said that mild mommy word, I would have said much worse. AWESOME story. I can just see the look on Mike's face as you are irritated with him, "What?" he probably replied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So no complaints when Luke comes home with Missy's dog hair on him. He came to our house with coyote hair all over him! Thanks for cropping the picture I had to see it in its full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son was in that triathalon...we were just coming home from cleaning the church and he rode right past us! Mike has a coyote hat....it is all cleaned and cured or whatever it is that must be done before you can wear a dead animal on your head. Come on now....tell us who encouraged Luke to cut off the tail :-) I'm glad you still have your camera, I was sure you were going to say they dropped it in the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap!! I am laughing so hard!!! So funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Tiffany! You won the magnets from Junky Heirloom. Now all I need is your address to have them sent to you. (Just hop on over to my blog and you'll find my email address in my profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sides are hurting form laughing. You know if **** ******* hadn't suggested that Luke get the tail, Steve would have. When we first got married, my house was decorated in late American Dead Animal. He had a snake skin thrown over deer antlers as part of the collection. It would fall off and I would pick it up with a stick and put it back! My visiting teachers would clutch each other on the couch and leave quickly. I finally 'smartened' up and banished the treasures to a box in the shed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, I can't stop laughing. I would have loved to have been there for your reaction. Don't worry about not having the camera for me whizzing by, this story is much better than an actual picture of me riding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This story is too funny! I want to know who the leader was giving Luke crazy ideas. (Like he really needs that much help. I'm surprised he didn't come up with that on his own.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!! The pictures are priceless, such a guy thing to do and how funny, seriously. You will remember those pictures and that weekend for a very, very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is hilarious! Nice head dress...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Alan and I need to say that I am proud of Mike for capturing such a spectacular bonding moment between father and son. This was a rare but precious moment. Pictures of fishing and scenery...you can do that any day of the week but pictures of cutting of the tail of a road-kill fox? Now that's photography! One more thought that I think you need to add, Luke had the pocket knife on him didn't he? Of course he did.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails