Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Half

**Megan 6 months old, April 1999** Drew, 6 months old, September 2009**

(In case you are wondering, no, Drew will not get a 'Half Birthday Celebration.' You aren't allowed a half birthday until you've had a real birthday.)

Though I am beginning to love a lot of ages and stages, one of my absolute favorites is the 6-12 month stage. I love it.

I remember the day Megan was exactly 6 months old. It happened to be my mom's 47th birthday. Even though it wasn't until 2003 when Luke was 1 1/2, that I decided to celebrate half birthdays, the 'half recognition' began April 12, 1999.

When Megan was a newborn I was in such a rush for her to get to 6 months. I don't know why. Of course I didn't know what a six month old would really be like, but I just didn't 'love' newborns like some people. I was thrilled when Megan turned 6 months old. The same thing happened with my next two. It wasn't until baby number four and five that I treasured the newborn stage.

And now that is all over.
My baby is 6 months old.

Though I look forward to the next few months of 'my favorite stage'.... I am a little older and wiser since the six month mark, ten and a half years ago...I have mixed feelings now...

I am continually reminded,

'The days are long but the years are short.'

7 comments:

  1. It is sad how fast our babies have grown up but I do agree that this phase is so much fun. Kade gets more and more fun every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 6-12 month age, too. (And don't love the newborn stage that much.) I do feel like I try to enjoy the things I DO love about newborns when my kids are in that stage, though. I love the skirt Megan made for Ellie. So cute that she wore it to dance class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understood why you preferred babies more at 6 monthes. Glad you have fallen in love with the newborn stage as well. I even love my babies when they are in their 20's and 30's. Don't any of you dare turn 40! I might not claim 40 year old children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew, I actually have it written on my calendar that it was your 1/2 birthday but it got lost in the shuffle of yesterday and besides mommy says you have to wait until you are 1 1/2. Oh well...love you Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CAN'T believe Drew is 6 months old! Has it been long since we spent that wonderful day in Ogden?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful babies. You are right the days are long but the years are short. And I agree with your Mom....I love my teenage, 20ish and now 30ish babies.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails