Thursday, April 15, 2010

Perspective


Ellie has had a fascination with dandelions lately.  When she came home from school this week, she proudly and lovingly handed me a picked dandelion.
(I refrained from telling her the myth from my childhood; that if you pick a dandelion you'll wet the bed.)

Just yesterday, Ellie greeted me with a picked dandelion again, which she promptly wanted to 'press' in my old childhood Flower Press.

Today, while eating lunch outside, Ellie while looking at the neighbor's grass reflected with a sigh,

"We don't really grow those yellow flowers, other people do though." 

 Ellie sees a pretty yellow flower.  I see a weed.




3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! I love that girl she is so funny! I can totally picture her saying that with the sigh. -danelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent my children on a walk today while I was trying to clean out the garage.
    Upon their return I received two nice bouquets of dandelions. Charlie's entire face was yellow, so I imagine he was doing more with them than just collecting them for me.
    Complying with two begging children, the dandelions were placed in a vase (cup) on the counter.
    I also see weeds. In the trash, as soon as bedtime rolled around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far from being weeds, Dandelions are actually very good for you. The flowers are edible and can be used to make wine; the leaves are medicinal and can also be used in salads; and the roots are also medicinal. They require so little care to grow, so it makes an easy garden for a busy mom to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails