My Granny walked into the kitchen, and upon seeing us sitting at opposite ends of the table asked, (insert a proper English accent here)
"Did you get in a row?"
('row' pronounced 'rou' means to get in a quarrel or disagreement)
Every so often, I'll text Melanie to remind her of this memory. Usually my reminder to her follows having had Mike's extended family over to dinner and/or another large dinner gathering that we have set up a long banquet table for to seat everyone. It doesn't usually get taken down until the next day...
Last night was no different. After a dinner party last night with a decent size group, the tables were still up this morning. As my children sat down to eat breakfast, I sat down at the opposite end of them to eat mine. With a proper English accent I asked them, 'Did we get in a row?"
Of course they all looked at me like I was nuts, and of course I regaled them with my story of Granny, Melanie and our non-row evening almost seventeen years ago.
I insisted Megan take a photo and instead of texting Melanie, I decided to write the memory down. And though the memory is inconsequential and of fairly little importance, it is one of those memories I don't ever want to forget.
Happy December!
I insisted Megan take a photo and instead of texting Melanie, I decided to write the memory down. And though the memory is inconsequential and of fairly little importance, it is one of those memories I don't ever want to forget.
Happy December!

Hahaha! I love it! It reminds me of the time Robert and I walked into church at separate times, each with a couple of the kids. We sat down in different areas and when we discovered this, we decided to NOT move together. I liked where I was sitting and he liked where he was sitting. I am sure people thought we were mad at each other, but we were just perfectly content to sit apart!
ReplyDeleteI remember it like it was yesterday. I miss granny many times throughout the year but Christmas is always the hardest. Christmas was always a fun filled adventure when she was here. Remember the bag of pistachio nuts she wanted to buy for Christmas cause they were such a good deal at $3.99 a bag. She put them in my shopping cart and I didn't have the heart to tell her they were $3.99 a pound! She always gave money towards the food any way but I don't see a bag at Christmas time that I don't think of her and her bargin bag of $3.99 nuts! (It was a 5 lb bag)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how little things can remind us of people. I always think of your granny when I see a Topic chocolate bar. My family used to take her to and from church for years and every Sunday she would always have a topic bar for me and Sarah. She was such a lovely lady and I have such happy memories of her.
ReplyDeletePretty much one of my favorite all time memories.
ReplyDelete