Monday, January 30, 2012

Big News

It's official!
Feel free to send me cards of congratulations.
Send me flowers.
Buy me chocolates.
Call or text me to congratulate me.
Make me a tray of Rice Krispie treats
Announce it from the rooftops
Sing it from the hills.
It's official.

After 13 years and 3 months, without so much as a week break in between kids--I am FINISHED with DIAPERS!!!!!
Drew is potty trained.
I can't even begin to tell you the relief I feel from the "potty training anxieties" I have had for longer than I can remember. (Remember this post HERE from 2009?) I know, I know. People potty train their kids every day. And some change diapers for longer than I did. But I also know nearly all of my friends/family have had breaks in between kids. I haven't, so this is a VERY big deal to me.

I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to do to celebrate. But I'm going to do something BIG. I deserve it. Potty training five kids and thirteen straight years of changing diapers deserves something.
Doesn't it?

Congratulations to ME!

And to Drew too.
Oh and I can't forget Ellie--she's the one that got him to go potty the most.
And in case you are wondering, no he still doesn't wear clothes. So instead of seeing photos of my diaper-clad toddler on here, you will now be seeing photos of my UNDERWEAR-clad toddler.
It is what it is.
We love him anyway.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Drew. I HATE potty training with a passion so I can imagine your joy that it is over. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous. I'm having the hardest time with Colton. He just has no interest in potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Carter was potty trained, we held a diaper buring ceremony. We had a Dutch Oven dinner, invited the neighbors and threw the last of the diapers into the flames. What a celebration....he promptly went up on the trail,(train tracks then) and wet his pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Yay, Yay!!! That is VERY exciting news in my book, and you should definitely do something big to celebrate. I'm already getting excited for the time when Jane will be potty trained, and I've only had three kids. (I won't have a straight 13 years, probably more like 7 and it feels like enough diaper changing to last a life to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news!!! I remember Becky's diaper burning... and the train track incident as well :) I'm happy for you. What a great milestone, definitely deserving of a BIG celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the barefoot in the snow & underwear picture! Drew is just a cutie! Well done to Ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray, I never have to hear about your potty training anxieties again!

    ROR

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting, congrats! How did you celebrate? I'm already looking forward to a day without diapers, 13 years you said? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails