Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where My Money Goes...

When I read people's blog posts on potty training. I get mild anxiety. In two weeks, I will have been changing diapers for eleven years straight. Eleven years!

It isn't eleven years changing diapers that gives me the anxiety. It is the thought of having two more children to potty train.

In my 11 years of parenting, and five children later, potty training has to be one of the most difficult tasks for me. I dread it.

So...
I will look on the bright side. I'll just love my two little diaper boys while I have them.
PS-Do I need to have anxiety over something thousands do each day?

10 comments:

  1. My diaper changing stopped at 10 1/2 years and I can't say I'm sad about that, but I can say it is a little strange to be moving toward that next stage of life. This morning Court asked me to read to him as he crawled out of bed. I didn't have the time, but I took it to cuddle with him. . . . it DOES go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jonah beats Joshua we will know that he has truly caught up! Ahhhhh love the Dewie and Shasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated potty training also...in fact, Inever figured in out. My kids used the toilet when they wanted to. (I heard a physcologist on TV say that was the way it should be- they use the toilet when they are ready) My few feeble attemps at sitting reading books and blowing bubbles for the 'training' child were awful, with me giving in amd putting the diaper back on that they requested and letting them wet their pants. Hmmm maybe I should write a book!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I never looked at it that way. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that!

    Totally...Love it up, you MIGHT miss it when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HATE the thought of potty training. When Tyson was younger, he attended full-time day care and they pretty much potty-trained him for me.
    I haven't even made attempts with Charlie. I imagine I will have to soon because he is getting too big for the biggest size of Costco diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh, I do have cute grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them while you can. My baby is turning 4 on Monday. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you or Chris would like to post any more comments to me, you can do so on my new blog: marenskiwispot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails