
Somewhere during the 'dance class' Megan became distracted and started a Home Economics class instead.
Megan made this skirt in the hour I was gone. With no help at all. (Well if you count Ellie's opinion as help.)
Though the hem has been left raw, the skirt is complete with a sewed on elastic waist and ties closed with a sewn on piece of ribbon.
I was very impressed.
I was even more impressed when Thursday afternoon rolled around and it was time for Ellie's real dance class. She came downstairs dressed in the leotard and skirt. Really, how could I tell her not to wear it?
When it was time to pick Ellie up from class and drop Megan off for hers, Megan and I walked into the dance studio. Megan saw Ellie dancing and turned to me and said, in the almost-eleven-year-old-I-care-about-clothes voice (and facial expression),

I love it!!! What a crafty girl you have on your hands! Growing up my mom never let us touch her machine! To this day still dont know how to do a darn thing. She has her own machine...right?
ReplyDeleteWay to go Megan! You are very talented. I love you!
ReplyDeleteGood job Megan!!
ReplyDeleteThat is incredible!! That girl amazes me with all of her talent!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I never taught my girl's to sew. Everything they know was learned at school. Come to think of it, I don't sew all that well! If I ever need a skirt , I will be calling Megan.
ReplyDeleteFirst Megan...then luke...what will ellie be doing? ;)
ReplyDeleteI am impressed with Megan's sewing skills! This is why I loved having sisters growing up. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! Forget you ever making me a skirt, I am going to Megan instead. Darling, of course Ellie would have worn it to real class.
ReplyDeleteHow cute is that?? I don't even know how to sew that well...(or even at all) -
ReplyDeleteI wish MY mom had taught me to sew... :) She is so lucky! What a great life skill to have. I am so jealous!
ReplyDeleteI love it! How cute is that?!
ReplyDeleteSisters are the best!
ReplyDelete