Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not A Coincidence

Yesterday afternoon, I am (somewhat ashamed) to admit I had a little pity party for myself. And though no prayer was uttered aloud, I know the Lord knew my thoughts. And as is usually the case, the Lord uses other people to answer our prayers. As we were going inside for the evening, and beginning the "putting everyone to bed routine" I still felt discouraged and ornery (I know, I know, 'ornery' is normal for me), when Luke came running up to me carrying a gift someone had dropped by. I thought it had been left on the doorstep, until Luke said, "She's downstairs." I rushed down, and my sweet friend Heather was standing in my garage. I could have burst into tears right then, because I KNEW this was no coincidence. I know she was prompted to bring me what she did, WHEN she did. Any other time or even day, may not have had the same effect. Another lesson to me, of following the spirit. We never know who's prayers we may be answering. Thank you Heather for being thoughtful, kind and most of all, in tune with the spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! You have often given our family exactly what we needed...notes, extra cleaning help, a car seat to borrow etc. I am so glad we could help cheer up your day. I know the inspiration came straight from Heavenly Father and was specific. He must love you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those feelings! I have learned to always go with it. Sorry you had such a dummer of a day. And love the friends that follow them. I have had one of those myself in the last few days and my sweet friend Aly brought me over the cutiest card and yummy carmel popcorn. Yumm!! Carmel. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails