Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Time For Everything

Either Ellie doesn't get out much or I don't get out much. BUT, after careful consideration of people on my Christmas list, and strategically waiting until Megan was out of earshot, after the older kids left for school this morning, I turned to Ellie and said,

"I think we will go to the mall today."
"The mall?"
"Yes, I'm going to go get in the shower and get ready."
"And get dressed? In sweats?"
"No, not today."

As I finished showering, Ellie appeared holding her dress-up princess gown (which incidentally, she rarely wears), and suggests,
"Don't you think this is a good choice to wear to the mall."
Next thing I know, she has on the princess gown, and is holding the 'curly iron' requesting her hair to be "curly for the mall."
We did however, negotiate on regular shoes, not dress-up shoes. (As they are an adult size high, high heel!)

Finally, as we were pulling out of the driveway, and Ellie has a big smile on her face, (wishing I had a working camera,) I questioned, "Do you know what the mall is?"
"No."

Sitting on Santa's lap, eating at the food court and looking at all the sights and sounds was sheer delight for Ellie.
"Do we really have to leave yet?"

And that is what happens when you are a third child!?!
Has Ellie been deprived in her 41/2 years of life? Or am I simply, a wise mother!?

8 comments:

  1. I'm voting for 'The Wise Mother' thing!

    Did you go to Layton Hills? If you go again, come say Hi, I'm at the Western Nut kiosk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh believe me, we'll be going again...as soon as "Mr Christmas" finds out Ellie sat on Santa's lap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kick butt! I can't believe how nice you are to "waste" your whole day at the mall. Now I'm quetioning myself, when was the last time my girls went to the mall? I have no idea, let along my boys! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so cool, I spelled alone "along" and I don't know how to edit it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm leaning towards wise mother. Both Jeff and I are third children and I really think middle kids tend to be the most well-balanced exactly because of stuff like this. How cute that she was so excited about going to the mall! I hope the fact that you went to the mall means you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too believe that you are a "wise mother" because being a 'girlie girl', she is now going to want to go back to shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...poor Ellie. Glad she dressed up. Her great great Auntie Dale and greatgrandmother, Nana, would be impressed. Cause getting dressed to go shopping was what you did! I remember, even if there weren't malls. Love ya Ellie, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a wise mother! We try to avoid the mall but it can be fun...when you want to go on a girl's shopping trip let me know, haven't been to the mall without children in forever nad a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails