Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Kids Are Nestled All Snug In Their Beds. . .


After our Christmas Eve dinner, and traditional Christmas Eve Family Home Evening, the kids all went to bed in their new pajamas the Pajama Fairy delivered that morning. The picture shows them with their bags (Santa doesn't wrap at our house, he fills bags!) and their stockings are close by. Tradition at our house is to leave your stocking by your bedroom door, and your bag by the tree. And off to dreamland they went....
Until Luke comes out crying, because he's thrown up. An hour later followed by Ellie who has done the same. No visions of sugar plums danced in our heads-instead we have Megan (with what Mike and I have self-diagnosed her over the years) with insomnia, Luke and Ellie throwing up every couple of hours-and Joshua-oh maybe Joshua had visions of sugar plums dancing in his head-he's the only one that slept well!!!
Somehow, someway,at some point, we must have not stirred because, Santa with his magic was able to fill stockings and fill bags while nobody awoke.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a night. Hope everyone is feeling better. Cute tradition. I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sick on Christmas is the absolute WORST thing in the world! I hope things are better at your house now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how old Megan looks, I mean I can't believe how old Megan and Kassi are!!!! They look so happy and healthy before heading off to bed! I drugged Kassi & Mallorie with Benedryl, which will be my newest Christmas Eve tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Sorry for the drama. Glad it was a good Christmas anyway though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails