He was not happy. He was MAD! His reaction, in the 'Luke tone of voice' was,
"Fine. If I have to fast, then I'm going outside to shovel the snow."
He was out there for a long time. I went out to check on him to make sure he hadn't frozen to death. (It was 8:30am and well below freezing.)
Now, I know it wasn't a major snowstorm, but still...when I went outside, our driveway was shoveled, the next door neighbor's driveway was shoveled, the sidewalks were shoveled and he was on the second neighbor's house.
"What a good kid!"
I don't know a single other eight year old kid that would shovel four driveways and the sidewalks at 8:30am in the FREEZING cold without being asked.
And his reward?
When he returned inside, freezing and cold, his mother refused his request for a cup of hot chocolate.
(I'm still second-guessing that motherly decision!?!?)
aaahhh Luke I'm so proud of you! Love lots and lots!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha he is a good kid!!! That would be a hard thing to do, refusing hot chocolate but of course its what needed to be done.
ReplyDeleteI am proud of Luke also. What a great way to put your faith into action....I hope he got two cups of hot chocolate this morning!
ReplyDeleteyou did a good thing and so did Luke...he is a great young man; some lucky girl is going to get him someday.
ReplyDeleteI thought of Luke as Jacob was still able to eat breakfast!
ReplyDeleteFasting is hard when you are 8. It is hard when you are 38 too....good for him for doing something constructive.
ReplyDelete