Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy 36th Birthday Mike!


Sunday, July 20th, was Mike's birthday. I LOVE birthdays. (No matter if it is my birthday, Mike's or one of my children's, I have a hard time falling asleep the night before.) This year I was very excited to surprise him with a Blue Atlas Cedar tree which he has always wanted, and I have never liked, and he has never got around to buying. He was thrilled about it, (even though he had seen it at the neighbor's the night before, but she kept the secret telling him it was her new tree.) Obviously, it won't be planted for a few weeks!
For several days, I asked Mike what he wanted to do for his birthday, (A Sunday birthday and a broken foot limit the possibilities somewhat!?) His answer was always the same, "a simple party with all of your family." So my mom, graciously hosted a BBQ and we had a great time with my my parents, Casey and Cindy, James and Kristin, my grandma; "Mimi," cousins Zachary, Michael, Keyara and Auntie Paula and Uncle David. It was so much fun. The funnest part, of course which Mike couldn't participate in, was playing the "Human Slingshot." It was so much fun and I have to make one SOON. It is made of swimsuit type material, and 4 people play at a time in a corner of the 'sling', 2 people will run back and forth, and it will sling the other 2 back and forth. It gets going very fast. I couldn't stop laughing the first time I did it. It was very fun. It was much harder for the kids to experience it as there weren't 4 of similar sizes. Nonetheless, thanks for the birthday Mike. We ALL had a great time. Happy Birthday Mike/Daddy. WE LOVE YOU!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think i need a little more info on the human slingshot, it sounds so freakin' fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, who came up with that cool thing? Tell Mike "happy birthday" I just wanted to tell you I finally made that cafe rio dressing you put in the fam. cook book, Holy cow!! It was soooooo good! I got so many praises from everyone that had it! Yumm! Thanks for the wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY B-DAY!!! We miss all the fun :( You guys come up with the best stuff. Wish we had been there!!!! We remembered your b-day was on Sunday on Saturday (if that makes sense) and then of course we dropped the ball... AGAIN. SORRY! WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails