
Though it may seem insignificant to many, it is very important to me; for the first time in 5 weeks, Mike just carried his own glass of water up to bed!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that means NO MORE CRUTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy. It is such a milestone for us. Today when Mike got home from the doctor, the kids and I weren't home. (Thank you Auntie Paula for his ride home!) When they returned home, one of the kids was standing on the stairs and saw Mike walking and yelled, "Everyone come watch, Dad's walking." You'd have thought someone had yelled "FIRE" because the other kids came running and they couldn't keep their eyes of off Daddy. "Look how far he can go." "Hey he's doing it by himself."

It isalmost more exciting than any of the four kids' first steps!

It has been funny to listen to the kids all day. Every time Mike has taken a step, there is a kid right there watching excitedly in awe and amazement. And though we still have another 4-6 weeks until a possible "full recovery," we are counting our blessings and recognizing and appreciating the "little things."
Whaoo! That is such a great day for you all! The song playing about miracles is perfect for this post.
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!!!!Life may get a little simpler now :) I am so happy for you and Mike. (but especially you) :)
ReplyDeleteHow nice!!! For the both of you!!
ReplyDeleteYIPPEE! But the sad thing is that he'll have to move his office back out of the house :( I'm sure he is getting cabin fever though. It will be so nice not have to take care of 5 children now (well to an extent).
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! That is great news for all of you!
ReplyDeleteI must have talked to you guys...well Luke 50 times in the last day and a half and no one said Mike could walk. Good for all of you. Life should be easier!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray for walking! I realized what a small blessing it is when I sprained my ankle at 38 weeks pregnant and went on crutches. You of all people know how clumsy I can be.
ReplyDelete