Monday, August 18, 2008

The First of Many


This is the 8th year in a row I have made homemade salsa. Last year was the only year I made enough that we didn't run out before the next year. However, when I say we didn't run out, we only had three jars left until today... This year, we planted lots of tomatoes, but also, to our surprise, we have a whole section of our garden that is simply "starts." (We compost our soil and therefore, have stuff growing we didn't even plant...we even have a watermelon growing!!!) We will have tomatoes galore this year and therefore, LOTS OF SALSA!! I plan on making a new batch every couple of days! I am very excited. Mike and Megan picked lots of tomatoes last night, so I decided to start with the first batch this morning. So if you are in the neighborhood over the next few weeks, stop on in for a chat, and some chips and salsa!!

6 comments:

  1. Count me in. If I show up on your doorstep...say sometime next week. Just smile and say...salsa?!?!(Have you ever made homemade spaghetti sauce?...that's my activity in the next few weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Do you have a recipe you can share or is it secret? Eric has been bugging me for years for homemade salsa and I haven't found one that hits the spot yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are saying If I drive all the way up there you will gladly had over some salsa? Homemade salsa is the best! I make it a couple times a month. Love my recipe, but yah, alway up for a new one. The little kid across the street picked all of his moms tomatos the other day. She called to vent and I had to laugh. 6 dozen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I said on one of my tags somewhere that chips and salsa are one of my favorite foods :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post, I guess I need to up the cute factor on my blog.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm....mmmm...Tiffany your salsa is so good. The first time we made it I came home and ate the whole jar. I will have to stop by some time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails