Monday, August 11, 2008

Saturday's Project


Megan has been asking for a long time if I would sew her a skirt. On Saturday, I finally fulfilled that request. But, not only did I make one for Megan, I made one for Ellie too. Megan's has "two ruffles," Ellie's only "one ruffle." This is because, I didn't have enough material, but, even if I had had enough material-I was not going to say as many bad words while making the second skirt....
They were both very excited about their new skirts. They have never been dressed alike before (I'm not against it, but it is hard to find matching outfits for kids 5 years apart!) and I think they both loved it.
I do not claim to be an accomplished sewer and so I was quite proud of myself and chose to ignore Ellie's comment of, "It feels too tight." and Megan's comment of, "I think some of the stitching is coming undone..."

7 comments:

  1. So very cute! More then I would ever do. My mom would never let us touch her machine. Fear we would break it! So, needless to say I have never learned to sew and if you knew my mom that's tragic. She sew's everything and them some. Jenn's Morgan sew's! Awesome job, they look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cool mom! I have been wanting a sewing machine. Not sure what I would do with it but I want one. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I wished I'd seen them at church. I can't believe how much your girls look alike. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look great! i'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute!! I love the fabric. Where did you buy it? You shouldn't have told me not to look at your post because I, of course, went right to it to see what it was. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course when you put forth blood, sweat and tears what do you get.....complaining. OH well, I think they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Tiffany!! I love the colors. You have such a cute family. It's been fun getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails