Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A First For Tiffany


I was awake at 5:45am eager and excited that today is Election Day. As I was getting dressed, I suddenly had the urge to dress up for this special occasion. (I can already hear some of you laughing as you stare at a computer screen!) I decided against it and began to put on some jeans, but I turned to Mike and said, "I can not bring myself to wear jeans for such an occasion." He laughed and I knew EXACTLY what he was going to say, and so I hurried and responded, "or sweats either." To which Mike replied, "Wow, this must be a special occasion." (To those that know me WELL-especially Casey and Cindy--you know that my sweatsuits (yes plural) are my ALL TIME favorite outfits of choice.)

So, not caring what anyone said, or what anyone may have thought, I dressed up in one of my best outfits, and at 6:45am, showered, dressed (in my best)and saying goodbye to Mike, I left to cast my vote for all elected officials, but more importantly this election, a vote for a President of the United States of America!

I was honored and proud to wait my turn in line. And thought it appropriate that a lady behind me in line, (I believe unaware that this was my first election ever), tapped me on the shoulder and said,

"Isn't this a wonderful feeling?"

Indeed it is. I placed my votes and with a tear in my eye took the "I Voted" sticker from the waiting volunteer.

Happy Election Day! It is a day of celebration at our house. Complete with red, white and blue balloons and hot dogs/hamburgers for dinner. After all, this is the great land of America-whether people like the candidates or not!

P.S. I am back in a comfy sweat outfit, despite Megan's pleas of, "Stay dressed like that, you look so nice." To which I replied, "It's snowing/raining and cold and I have nowhere to go-sweats it must be!"

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting my heart back on track. I voted this morning also and I wasn't as excited as you, but I am so grateful for my rights and freedoms. You are a great reminder for me act as a proud American.
    Happy Voting Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your purple sweatsuit would have been just as appropriate for voting as it is for the Sabbath:).

    Isn't the election process simply amazing! I love that everyone has a voice. God bless America and congrats on casting your first ballot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got to cast your first ballot today! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff, you are amazing!! Yes, I was one who was laughing! As I live in scrubs! Congrates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited you got to vote today! I think it's so great that we live in a country where we have the opportunity to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about you today. I went to vote before work and felt the emotions associated with the privilege and responsibility it was. Way to be a shining example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought about you today. I went to vote before work and felt the emotions associated with the privilege and responsibility it was. Way to be a shining example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I wish I had been as excited as you. I wore jeans and t-shirt -- with hot chocolate stains :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's people like you that make this country great! Congrats...I admite I didn;t put my sticker on but alas, I DID vote :)

    (I got fashion arrested today by my honey because my sweats are the only winter pants I own that fit. I'm with ya on the comfort factor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiff you make me laugh. I could totally picture your conversation with Mike about your jeans and sweats! The lime green outfit is my fav. And only you would buy balloons and have a special dinner. I am, however, proud to be an American too!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails